The Capital Gains Tax Calculator 2019-20 is for the tax year starting on 6th April 2019 and ending on 5th April 2020.
What is Capital Gains Tax?
Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is payable on profits made from disposing a chargeable asset that has increased in value.
What assets are subject to Capital Gains Tax?
- property that is not your main home
- shares and investments, including crypto-assets and bitcoin but not including ISAs or PEPs
- most personal possessions worth £6,000 or more, apart from your car
What assets you do not pay Capital Gains Tax on?
- Your main home
- ISAs or PEPs
- UK government gilts and Premium Bonds
- betting, lottery or pools winnings
The tax calculator above is provided for research purposes only and is not meant to be relied upon for any other purpose. If you would to use our tax filing services please submit your email address along with a brief description of your requirements and we will get back to you.
This post on Capital Gains Tax Calculator was sponsored by Canalitix.com
Thank you for your interest.